02 July 2006

a quickie

I have family in town. Utterly boring people. They talk just for the sake of talking. And my grandma, she loves to talk about herself. They laugh too much. At things that aren't funny. We share no common interests, and I'm not one to be rude to kinfolk, so I feign interest in the tale of the husband-and-wife team that recently visited their church and did some kind of Christian art presentation, and their little boy who was part of it! He was just precious.

All of this pretense is exhausting.

I am starting to go crazy. Every time I try to go to my room to be... away from them... my 12-yr-old cousin follows me and, like, watches me typing an email or whatever I'm doing. I have realized, to my utter disappointment, that their presence will prevent me from enjoying my long holiday. I had wanted to spend it being lazy reading in my room, on the internet, and watching TV/movies.

You know a really great upside to moving to NY, when most of your family is in the midwest and south? That they won't try to visit you! It's an expensive place to visit, and lord knows I can't offer them a free place to stay.

So let me get to the point. I realized I forgot to mention something in one of my previous posts about the job:

pajama day

last Friday

last Friday was pajama day

at my job

at work

in the workplace

grown adults

pajama day

I leave you with that thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home