01 July 2006

not much new here

I have let the blog go for several days because I don't have any funny ideas or good stories to share. Just been working.

How's the new job going, you ask? Well, I think it's safe to say that I am ROCKING THAT BITCH. It's so easy. I got my first paycheck Friday, and now I'm pretty certain that my goal of moving at the first of November will become a reality. The next four months could not possibly go by quickly enough.

Here's something new: I've made Wednesday my official "early bedtime day". On Wednesdays I let myself go to bed as early as I feel like, because with my new schedule of working 8-5 I get maybe 6-7 hrs of sleep at most. So the lack of sleep builds up and every night I feel like going to bed around 7:30, and on Wednesday I give in.
I think I've come to accept that sleep will always be a problem for me. I just want too much of it. It's better than heroine. Did you know that, if I were allowed to, I could sleep for 7 days straight? I'm like a bear, it's not so much sleep as it is hibernation, my body slows down, metabolizing just what it needs to get by, my heart slows. But I'd still need a catheter. Most likely.

Today I gave the dog a bath. Always exciting. She sits shivering in the corner of the tub, glaring at me with those sad eyes, "what did I ever do to you?" But then she goes CRAZY. She hops out of the tub and rubs all over the towels that I have laid down for her. Then I open the bathroom door and she peels out. She runs circles around the house, trashing wildly on the carpet, running from the living room to the kitchen and then back again. And then she rubs her body over every inch of the carpet once again for good measure. This goes on for several minutes.

Oh, I got another issue of FHM today. Seriously, what the hell? I don't know what I did. I just know that I'm keeping the pull-out posters. They'll make good gift-wrap.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sleep is better than a female hero?

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home