30 July 2006

who's holy now, bitch?

Lance Bass is gay.

Like, gay gay. Yeah, he's always been gay, but he's takes-it-up-the-ass gay.


Wha.... seriously? No, no, it can't be true! It can't!


Okay. I've collected myself. I took a few hours to cry over it, tear down my Lance posters (eight. eight beautiful posters), think about the news and let the world re-settle.
Then I dug out my old "dreams" box in which I had photographs of me and Lance that I'd pasted together, houses I'd imagined us living in, wedding ideas and pictures of babies that I thought looked like our possible spawn. And I burned it.


Some questions: Is anyone surprised? Does anyone care? Is he still a celebrity? What was the last thing he did?

The answers: no, no, no and On the Line. Then the space thing fell through, and that's basically the last I'd heard of him, until the speculation about his sexuality over the last few months.

Well, whether or not you like it, he's on the cover of People and it will be the big celebrity news for at least, like, a few more days or weeks or months or something.


Little Miss Sunshine looks excellent, which means it is not showing in my town. A short list of the most interesting movies from the last year or so (interesting also meaning "did not play here"):

An Inconvenient Truth (Inconvenient 'cause it wouldn't make a theater any money round these parts. Wahoo! I drive an SUV an' I'm prrrrroud to be an Americun! Yeehaw!)
Brokeback Mountain (Wahoo! Yeehaw! Americuh!)
Strangers With Candy (Actually I don't know why we didn't get this one, most people here would be excited to finally see someone they could identify with on the big screen.)
Jesus is Magic (It's true, He is magic. Wait, what is this filth... blasphemy!)
Like I said, a short list, not getting into all of the indies that never even showed anywhere in the state.


Jesus was arrested for a DUI.

When I googled Jesus to get a picture (which Blogger then decided not to let me upload), this was the first site that came up: Jesus Dress Up! Note the festive teal nails. Nice touch, J-man. You really know how to liven up a crucifixion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home