10 July 2006

Lauren Presents "Twenty-Two Photos of Which You Can Find Twenty Thousand Better Versions Elsewhere Online"

I went to New York last November, um, eight months ago.... well, I finally got my pictures developed last week. (Yeah, that's how I roll. With rolls. 35mm. No, it's really uncool. I borrowed my parents 10 year old camera, it is probably not even worth a dollar.)

Oh and if you think 8 months is bad, you should see the bag of film in my mother's closet. Maybe a dozen rolls, pictures from birthdays and family reunions spanning a decade.

I knew that I knew nothing about photography, but wow. Take a look for yourself**:




I have no idea what these are. Can you tell me? There is a strong possibility that the orange thing is a phallus. Or a finger. Also a strong possibility.



Trees. There were lots of these. I did not photograph them all. That would be crazy!
(Note the date stamp. I don't know why some have stamps and others don't. So don't ask. I know you were wondering.)




The resevoir.



Views from Belvedere Castle. Belvedere Lake, Great Lawn.


The lawn.


Runners. I planned to spend the afternoon in the park on marathon Sunday. Yeah, that was really stupid. I was trying to find a way in and ended up walking the 65th St transverse, where I passed Jason Alexander walking with a lady. What an exciting story!



Washington Square Park. Just turn your head.



A really bad picture of some graphic art at MoMA, and the Temple of Dendur. Turn your head, are you really that lazy. If I flip them the quality suffers. And there isn't much quality to start out with.



A view up Broadway toward Grace Church, Grace Church detail.


A little church in the E. Village.


Another church I don't know/remember the name of.


Manhattan Bridge, Brooklyn Bridge, Statue of Liberty.


A barge... boat... thing.

This conclude's "Twenty-Two Photos of Which You Can Find Twenty Thousand Better Versions Elsewhere Online"





**Read the fine print: I cannot be held responsible for any neck injuries incurred while viewing these photos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home