24 July 2006

compliments

I was IM'ing a friend yesterday when he said the greatest thing:

"You're my favorite person to get high with."

This guy has spent a large percentage of his waking hours stoned, so this I felt was a very high honor. (D'oh, a pun! I swear I didn't mean to!) He said I'm the most fun and he's smoked with a hundred people.

This is now my favorite compliment ever, but before yesterday these two held that special place in my heart:

1. I was in 6th grade, my teacher called me "witty"
2. Working with a girl on some project in 8th or 9th grade, she told me I was "very efficient"


The point of this, children, is that compliments are nice. Something as small as that can make a person's day. There are, however, rules.

No-nos:
1. You look like you've lost weight.
2. I liked it better before. (after a haircut)
3. That dress really makes your hips look smaller.

Kidding! Actually, all of those things are totally okay to say. No, the real point of this is that I'm a total fucking blast and everyone should experience smoking pot with me before they die. The price? A little witty bitty joint of minimally decent quality weed. Totally worth it, I promise.

Hmmm. I guess the compliment angle was okay too though, so let's try something. Tomorrow, give someone a compliment, lie if you must, and backhanded is cool. Report back tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why Lauren...your parents must be so proud! It looks like you've all the important stuff figured out. I guess you never can tell who's going to be reading this stuff!

God Bless

8:11 PM  
Blogger lauren said...

Wow, are you the same I went to high school with? I wonder when this was posted. Doubt you'd see this, but I hope all is well with you.

Oh, and this? This is jokes, man. No condescension please, I'm very happy with the way I have things figured out and my parents are okay with me too.

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home