06 October 2006

a totally decent proposal


This last week at work I had the privilege of listening to radio all day every day. (I may have mentioned this already. It has had a substantial impact on my life.) And I have made a startling revelation. Dane Cook, your true calling... you should be a radio personality.

Okay, so hear me out: first, you are totally rock 'n roll. Right? You're hardcore! I'm sure you're totally into some awesome music, too, as awesome as you are. Like Nickelback, Creed, Korn, Primus, Puddle Of Mudd, Seether and other equally rocking bands. So you know music. You know rock. You live the lifestyle.

You would be perfect hosting one of those morning drive shows. It would be something like "TJ & Dane In The Morning". I know you would object to TJ's name coming first, but "Dane & TJ" just doesn't have the same ring to it. And you will very quickly distinguish yourself as the star of the show, anyway. You'll be the hot funny one. Don't worry about the name thing. All of your listeners will think of it as The Dane Show. I'm sure you will see to it.

Seriously, listen to these guys on the radio talk. They all have that SUPER enthusiastic kinda loud, confident, authoritative, gravelly smoker voice (do you smoke? if so, you don't sound enough like it. smoke more), with just a touch of surfer guy/stoner/cooool dude. You would be perfect. Just shoot the shit, talk to some callers, be your hilarious Zany Dane-y self! LOL! Actually that would make a great radio nickname for you. You'll have to get one of those.

But the best part? You could give the comedy a rest! I know you want to be a rock star, but I believe that you would do better playing the rock CDs and, in between songs and commercials for furniture liquidators, you can get in a super funny joke or two. And I think that, deep down inside, you know this too.

Think about it.

I hear that Cincinnati's 102.7 WEBN - SHUT UP AND ROCK!
has an opening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home