15 June 2006

like taking candy from a baby

Today, Thursday the fifteenth of June, in the year two thousand and six, might have been the most exciting day of my life.

First, Britney Spears gave the interview of the year. It was all that I had hoped for and SO MUCH MORE.

Plus, I interviewed today for a job at a call center. Finally. The place is expanding and starts new hires every two weeks, and if the fucktards over at the staffing agency knew what they were doing, I could have started like a month ago.

So this is going to be the most amazing job ever (ignore for a moment that it is a call center). Keeping in mind that this is the midwest, wanna know the kind of cash I'm gonna make?
7.50/hr for the first thirty days
200.00 bonus after thirty days
8.00/hr after thirty days
300.00 bonus after 3 months
80.00 bonus every two weeks for attendance
plus commission on sales

That's right, eighty dollars every two weeks JUST FOR COMING TO WORK WHEN YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO. Hand over fist, I tell ya.

It's the perfect job for me: making lots of $$$, so much that I can save to move in just a few months, which will be, incidentally, the point at which I'll be so sick of it that I'm ready to strangle myself with my headset cord.

Also, the whole "call center" thing isn't quite as scary as I'd imagined it to be. They call businesses who already use the company's services, asking them to renew for the next year and with special offers and stuff. It's still not exactly a fun time, but it requires very few brain cells and I won't have the guilt that comes with harassing innocent people at home.

Oh, and I can wear jeans. Whatever the fuck I want. No makeup and no curling iron action required.

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

yeah, i almost worked at a telemarketing place, but I bailed out just before I was supposed to start because i could never bother people at home...good luck with the job

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home