23 May 2006

the last and final alias finale ever of all time

And I didn't watch it. I could never get into that show. I remember when it started (I think it was just before The X-Files ended). I was in mourning for X-Files and just couldn't get into another show about a government agency and covert operations, etc... it just seemed like a cheap substitute. That and it just wasn't any good. So good riddance, Sidney!

I just learned that the friend I have who I thought I might, maybe, possibly move to New York with is going to graduate school off in Sweden. Sooo I'm gonna have to move all on my lonesome. Now, New York is a way more expensive place to get started than Chicago, which I for a time considered. I figured if I couldn't go to New York with a friend, I'd go to Chicago since I could afford a place on my own there, and it would be a fun place to live. I've been to Chicago and I love it too. But man, I have got such a boner for New York... such that I cannot ignore.

I have to rub this one out.

This means I will need to live with someone(s). Roommate(s). Stranger(s).
See, I know not a soul in New York. No friends. (Actually, no friends anywhere in the entire world. I hate myself.) So I started looking at "roommates wanted" ads on Craigslist, to get a picture of what I might be in for, and it actually doesn't seem so scary. I like it when people write some of what they and the roommates are all about. "no Republicans, 420 friendly, we're all artists, NO professionals, queer/bi friendly, etc." It's funny and kind of exciting - I only saw one ad that said the roommates were Christians and would prefer the same. I saw zero "no Democrats" ads. Ahh, New York. Everyone's a liberal and it's fantastic.

I expected to see more creepy ads like "cheap room for girl with pretty feet who likes to play", but I saw none. So, with so many ads seemingly posted by cool people I could get along with... with cheap rooms in my preferred areas of Brooklyn.... I wonder how many of those are weird too. Because, in any group, even environmentalist hippie democrat pot-smoking artist food coop members there's a percentage who are fucking crazy/weird (and, likely, especially among the environmentalist hippie democrat pot-smoking artist food coop members). And I know a lot of people call themselves artists... but as to whether or not their "art" would be considered art by anyone other than themselves...

Christ, this IS gonna be scary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home